Several awards are given to entries in the Northern State University homecoming parade on Saturday, Oct. 7. Those receiving awards were:
- First place: Aberdeen Family YMCA
- Second place: Kessler’s Grocery
- Third place: Aberdeen Gymnastics Association
- Northern Spirit Award: NSU Honors Program
- Thunder Award: Dirkson Organic Beef Farm
- Best Overall Band: Aberdeen Central High School
- Gold awards: Aberdeen Central, Aberdeen Roncalli, Leola, Groton, Warner, Sully Buttes and Watertown.
- Silver awards: Northwestern Area, Hoven, Holgate and Simmons Middle Schools, Eureka, Miller, Edmunds Central and Bowdle schools.
- Bronze award: Mobridge-Pollock.